• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Priceless

Scooby
Sugar Daddy
This says to me that this man is rich and has power, privilege enough to support a young women who will sleep with him for monetary gain. I suspect most men would admire such a man.

Cougar is an animal that stalks a male, traps him and mauls him while being a lot older than him. It may be a powerful animal, but do we admire it or wish to be it?

TriBel
TriBel
I agree...it has more positive connotations than negative ones.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Cougar compares woman to an animal. Sugar Daddy positions woman as a child.
And Panther compares man to an animal. Sugar Momma positions man as a child. It goes both ways.

Priceless

Scooby
And Panther compares man to an animal. Sugar Momma positions man as a child. It goes both ways.
Sugar Momma must be an American saying, I've not heard that before.

Panther has no sexual connotations (as far as I know)

TriBel

Scooby
They're not terms I'm familiar with. Maybe the US should stop inventing them? According to MW, it seems they both started in 1920s.

I suspect most men would admire such a man.
I meant to put "not entirely flattering". Changed it! 😄

Last edited:

TriBel

Scooby
@Spanky From M-Webster

There is considerable semantic overlap between a sugar mama and a sugar daddy ("a well-to-do usually older man who supports or spends lavishly on a mistress, girlfriend, or boyfriend"). However, the terms are not synonymous; sugar mama, particularly in early use, tends to be used in reference to a married woman who is providing financial support, whereas sugar daddy is generally used without connotations of the provider's marital status.

Spanky
Spanky
Sugar mama is generally used without connotations of the provider's marital status also

buffynmarvel

Townie
This conversation took a turn from Bangel to modern sexists discussion and I'm here for it 🤣
But honestly, you're all amazing and have been so helpful! :)

I've decided to keep Angel in the story but I'm changing certain aspects to make it somewhat healthier. For instance, Angel didn't fall for Selene when she was 15 (that was creepy in the show). I'm also changing some of their 'toxic' behaviours. There's no power imbalance with this pair. Angel may be older, but Selene's the Slayer so they're on equal footing. Plus a few other minor changes :)

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Is it important ? That’s something that even in real life I don’t fully understand.
For example : if a woman of 17 years old is involved in a relationship with a 37 years old man, there is 20 of age difference. Lots of people are shocked.
But if a woman of 20 years old is involved in a relationship with a man of 40 years old, no one is shocked. But it’s still the same age difference.

If it is a question of maturity, I will argue that I know 40-50 years old man/woman that are completely dumbass and idiot. And there are 17-20 years old man/woman that are far more intelligent and mature than teenagers of the same age or some adult person.

On a similar note, but a bit different I guess, why is everyone shocked when a older woman is in a relationship with a young man but no one is shocked when it is the man that is older than the young girl ?

Where is equality in all of that ?
Law wise, it's not about the age difference, it's about the fact if the younger person is underage or not. And I'd have to disagree. People still raise eyebrows now if a 20 year old is with a 40 year old.

Is it important that Angel was 240 and Buffy was underage? Yes and no. It is to some fans and I get why. In real life terms, it's illegal. But in the reality of the show, in fantasy its not a big deal.

And I certainly agree that age does not always equal maturity. I dated a 50 year old guy when i was 34 and he acted like a child.

And Buffy was of course mature way beyond her years. But perhaps not emotionally. That's the issue.

And lastly, in my experience, no one is shocked when an older women is in a relationship with a young man, unless he is underage. Look at Britney Spears and her bf, high profile. No one questions it. He's 13 years younger than her.

Antho

Scooby
And lastly, in my experience, no one is shocked when an older women is in a relationship with a young man, unless he is underage. Look at Britney Spears and her bf, high profile. No one questions it. He's 13 years younger than her.
I must live in a different world than you. Different country that’s sure 😂

Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Perhaps! What country do you live in?
Top Bottom