• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Cure for Vampirism

Stake fodder

Soulless
But seriously,I think this is quirk caused by Angel having a soul, any other undead would probably just purify and cease to be undead, as opposed to live again.
So win-win really. Either vampires would be dusted, or they'd be souled humans. I guess it goes back to @thrasherpix's original question. Angel probably should have told someone responsible (Watchers' Council?) about the effect, so they could investigate the effect.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I'm not clear on the metaphysics here. Are souls automatically pulled back into the body upon revival? And why wouldn't the Possessor Demon that constitutes the Vampire's sapience not let go?

buffybot2021

Townie
Yeah, I don't think you could wait for volunteers! It would have to be done forcibly. As @Myheadsgonenumb says, some vampires are freshly risen, and would have no vampire sins to atone for. For the older ones, at least they'd have the choice to try to atone like Angel, or commit suicide if they couldn't handle it. Though it wouldn't be a good idea if @thrasherpix's plot twist comes true for them.
Exactly! Not that I would have an issue with vampires being forced to become human again, but I would take issue if they weren't able to handle the memories and decided to take their own life.
I didn't think about newborns, and that would obviously be a different situation, which could have been interesting to see.
All in all, too much speculation goes into this to be able to decide on a definitive answer. I think the soul would return once they're human again, but I'm not 100% sure. Too many questions that can't really be answered. Angel in general is an anomaly so it is possible - even probable - that it only worked out and he became human again because he already had his soul.

Top Bottom