• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Spike #16 - Released 11/25/20 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Series Finale! Team Angel -- or Team Spike, no one can agree -- must work with the werewolf Oz and his pack if they're going to save the day.. Meanwhile, Fred discovers her true power and her connection to another universe where Fred worked for Wolfram & Hart...

Source: Comixology

Priceless

Scooby
Issue 16 wraps everything up very quickly, you can tell they ran out of time. Fred becomes a God, Angel kills Lilah, the gang end up at the Hyperion which is when they enter the Multiverse, as another version of Spike and Angel rush in and tell us they've entered the multiverse 😏

It's really not very good. Although the time restraints didn't help, the change of writer is what really damaged this title. The art is also poor. There are a few good lines, but the portrayals of the characters felt 'off' when Zac Thomson took over.

And why is 'Lemon' Spike's safety word? It feels like I'm missing something really obvious here . . .

I feel bad for the original writer, I feel like if he knew it would be ending at #16 he would have stayed on and completed his vision. You could tell this new writer just wanted to skip through all the previous set up and get to his own ideas.

GreyWalker1958

Potential
Give the license back to IDW. They're the only ones who ever were proud to have Angel as one of their prized properties.
Plus gave him and the AI gang more time and respect compared to how throwaway they were under (especially) Dark Horse and here in Boom

Top Bottom