• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #17 - Released 9/2/20 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Fan favorite character Wesley Wyndam-Pryce makes his first appearance in this stand-alone issue that will change everything you know about the Watchers! After the devastating effects of Hellmouth, the Watcher's Council convenes to make sure it never happens again. But when recent Watcher initiate Wesley Wyndam-Pryce stumbles across a dark secret, he learns of a conspiracy decades in the making - one that binds Robin, Giles and the Slayer Before together, and shows just how far the Watchers will go to protect the earth.

Source: Boom! Studios

Priceless

Scooby
I think it's interesting that this issue includes hints at a murder mystery and the last Angel issue was about a murder mystery. Bellaire has captured Wesley's character really well and there's a Randall and Hopkirk Deceased feel about him and Ethan which works, though I'd like to find out more about Ethan. I really liked the art and I'm expecting Faith to appear in the next issue as Wes (and ghost Ethan) travel to the US to meet a third slayer.

Gingerbread

Townie
I really hope we’re about to meet Faith and I pray she’s written well!
We’re really throwing a lot of characters into the mix at this point. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it does feel like time is being filled - maybe waiting for Willow to finish her solo adventure and return to Sunnydale?

Angel6

Potential
I really hope we’re about to meet Faith and I pray she’s written well!
We’re really throwing a lot of characters into the mix at this point. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it does feel like time is being filled - maybe waiting for Willow to finish her solo adventure and return to Sunnydale?
I think it is a bad thing when we haven’t really explored the core character yet. Willow, Buffy and Xander literally have no relationship yet. That should really have been the foundation.

Top Bottom