• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #25 - Released 5/5/21 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* The BIGGEST Buffy story of the century STARTS HERE. * The truth about Buffy, the Scooby Gang and their very existence is revealed in this jaw dropping anniversary issue. * But what is their connection to and how does it connect to ? * Every answer only leads to more questions...and straight to the Big(gest) Bad you never saw coming.

Source: Boom! Studios

Angel6

Potential
Ok so I was seemingly wrong about this being a vehicle to reboot. It was fun to see some season 3 show Buffy, Angel’s cameo was quite funny but not particularly in character. I don’t get what’s going on with the covers, are we going to see the post season 7 scoobies? I don’t really want that.

Priceless

Scooby
I enjoyed this issue a lot. It was fast paced, with lots of action and some good jokes. It didn't really make much use of the tv-Buffy, but it was nice to see them all. We even got Snyder, The Mayor and Angel, though Angel seemed a bit out of character because we could see what he was thinking, which I guess is another meta-joke.

My usual criticism stands - this comic is not about Buffy at all, she hardly has a personality, is only around to hit things and be a friend to other characters. This issue was about Willow, as most have been. There are actually so many slayers, watchers and lesbians in these comics, it's no wonder Buffy hardly gets a look in.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
This issue was about Willow, as most have been.
That's not surprising considering who the "showrunner" is and their views on Willow. I recall them saying something about (paraphrasing) they wished Willow had more storylines in the show.

Priceless

Scooby
That's not surprising considering who the "showrunner" is and their views on Willow. I recall them saying something about (paraphrasing) they wished Willow had more storylines in the show.
The early issues were very Xander focused and I think they did great work with the character. The later issues have been very Willow-centric and Buffy is just a side character.

Angel6

Potential
I’m glad others are still giving these a go. I think it’s really important to support the franchise if we want it to go on.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
. I think it’s really important to support the franchise if we want it to go on.
I do, I just wish they’d out put content I actually want to go on. Every new title or version I get cautiously excited, then disappointed.

N
NothingVentured
Indeed. If you support crap, it's all you'll get in return.
Top Bottom