• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

"Loki" premieres to massive audiences

Are you a Loki fan?

• Of course I am!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Keeper of the flame of Utter Boredom
Black Thorn
If you're a Loki fan, this should not surprise you. For those of you who aren't fans...get Disney+ and watch the show anyway! It's MASSIVELY entertaining; the premiere ratings blew away both WandaVision and The Falcon and Winter Soldier's. No surprise there.

Tom Hiddleston is such a treasure. And the writing is really good. (Unlike The Falcon and the Winter Soldier) Watch the show. You'll love it. 😁

TriBel

Scooby
I like Loki and watched it last night. TBH, I was really disappointed. Hiddleston looks old and it was sluggish until the last 10 minutes. I'll watch E2 but I wasn't particularly impressed. Reviews are good but mostly because of the chemistry between TH & OW.

Spanky
Spanky
I thought the other Wilson's raisin was "likeability" and that Owen's raisin was kinda being a dumbass. At least, that's what I heard through the grapevine.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Reviews are good but mostly because of the chemistry between TH & OW.
Who is OW? Or did you stub a geriatric toe whilst typing?

TriBel
TriBel
Owen Wilson. I didn't like him much...and I've always thought Wilson's raison d'etre was "likeability".

TriBel

Scooby
Nope - he emerged halfway between "dumbass" and "likeable". I felt short-changed. I just found it odd... There was a lot of exposition - perhaps 2 will be better.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I've never been a big fan of Loki in the MCU, I like him most of the time, he's the best part of Thor: The Dark World. lol. The first episode of the show was good, it was mostly a greatest hits of Loki throughout the MCU movies as well as introduces the TVA (Time Variance Authority). Now that that stuff is out of the way, I think the story will pick up in the next episode. I did like seeing this version of Loki reacting to what would be future events for him, his mother's death, his father's death, his relationship with Thor and eventually his death. I was not excited about this show, not like WandaVision, but I'll keep watching.
Hiddleston looks old
I wasn't going to mention that, but other than the weight gain and bad hair, I soldiered through it. :p
Yeah, they kept showing Loki from other movies and it was noticeable that Hiddleston is getting older, and in my opinion not as good looking. The last few movies I feel like the hair and makeup department have been letting him down.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Keeper of the flame of Utter Boredom
Black Thorn
Yeah, they kept showing Loki from other movies and it was noticeable that Hiddleston is getting older, and in my opinion not as good looking. The last few movies I feel like the hair and makeup department have been letting him down.
He's a bit pudgy, looks flushed, and his hair isn't all that great. I mean honestly, part of the appeal of Loki was that he'd just pop in now and then. As much as I enjoyed the first episode, I have a VERY short attention span...and I don't like change. Loki and Bucky are different in their respective shows. I mean Tom is a very gifted actor, but he REALLY should've gotten into shape before filming.

Nevertheless, I'll watch the next episode. 🥳

TriBel

Scooby
I like Loki and Tom. Loved Tom as Henry V in The Hollow Crown; Adam in Only Lovers Left Alive and thought he was great in The Night Manager. My problem with this was it dragged for about 2/3 of the episode. I'll give it another shot.

WillowsFaith

Townie
I watch anything Marvel makes. Honestly this is probably the most interesting debut for their disney + shows.

Top Bottom