• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

My Xbox Rejected My Hard Drive...So...No More Buffy Xbox Games.

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
(Note, for full effect of this post, I must let you know it was written with much good hearted sarcasm that just doesn't come across in type...I truly think my situation is hilarious, looking back)

After watching the show, I was determined to get my grubby little hands on every piece of Buffy content possible. Comics? Check. Books? Probably soon. Xbox games? Of course.
The only problem being, I own a Xbox 360.
So after much (emotionally) painful searching, I finally procured both the Buffy Xbox Game and Chaos Bleeds without breaking the bank.

And then, I realized I needed a hardrive that allowed backwards compatibility. (For background, the games were both released for the original Xbox, not Xbox 360, so many hoops must be jumped through)

More searching.

Finally I had both games and a hard drive.

I enjoyed many evenings of vampire slaying with the Buffy Xbox Game, and reached the excessively tedious Evil Vampire Dog Thing Boss. After getting so frustrated to the point of almost threatening violence upon my long suffering Xbox 360, I stopped and decided to come back to it another day.

Well, now my Xbox has rejected the hard drive like a bad transplant, (you know, as consoles do) and whenever the Hard drive is plugged into it, it displays the oh-so-devastating "Red Ring of Death".

So, alas it seems my days of Slaying vampires, mashing buttons so Buffy with ACTUALLY KICK THE RIGHT ENEMY and explore the infinite amount of abandoned sewers under Sunnydale are over. For now, anyways.

My options were laid out to me by the ever optimistic and trustworthy internet. They were as follows:

Buy a new hard drive.

A good one this time.

Anyways, just hoped to share some misery, before I get too upset and say something to my poor 360 I might regret.

What about You? Have you ever (Successfully) played the Buffy Xbox Games? Or maybe you've speant a lot of time and effort into an item (or items) in your collection and it didn't pan out?

cookieanalogy

Townie
I only recently found out about the comics etc and so the games as well. I would love to play the games, the rest I don't care too much about but I think I'll try to find them on emulator :s Maybe you could try that too, that way you can at least get to finish the games :)

FullOnLehaneFan

Five by Five
BuffyNvrForgets
BuffyNvrForgets
Oooh thanks! That looks awesome!

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
I only recently found out about the comics etc and so the games as well. I would love to play the games, the rest I don't care too much about but I think I'll try to find them on emulator :s Maybe you could try that too, that way you can at least get to finish the games :)
Oh awesome! How might I go about doing that???

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
I know you can at least play the Game Boy Colour/Game Boy Advance editions of Buffy on an online emulator, here's the link I use:
(Pro tip - don't bother with the Advance game, it's programmed terribly. The Colour version, however, was a blast to play!)
Okay, By the way, I tried this out and, aside from having no idea how to control it, it is SO FUN. Thanks so much! I'm gonna waste so much time with this I'm so excited. I'm like two "cutscenes" in and already I'm laughing a lot more than I should be.

Last edited:
FullOnLehaneFan
FullOnLehaneFan
Yeah, Anya and Xander at the very start always make me chuckle. I'm so glad you're having fun!

cookieanalogy

Townie
Oh awesome! How might I go about doing that???
There are many options, I've never tried an XBOX emulator but I'm assuming it's similar to a PS emulator.
Better look it up on google to be sure but you'd need an XBOX emulator and then get the file for the game which must be uber small since it's an old game and then you can either play w a keyboard (by default) or use a controller if you have one that you can connect to your computer but that can be a bit tricky and takes time that's why using tutorials are better.

Also I found a longplay of it and I watched some of it, it looooooks sooooo cool. How come I missed that :'( I wouldn't mind a new one w the original cast voice acting hehe but there I go daydreaming again haha

TheMaster666

Townie
(Note, for full effect of this post, I must let you know it was written with much good hearted sarcasm that just doesn't come across in type...I truly think my situation is hilarious, looking back)

After watching the show, I was determined to get my grubby little hands on every piece of Buffy content possible. Comics? Check. Books? Probably soon. Xbox games? Of course.
The only problem being, I own a Xbox 360.
So after much (emotionally) painful searching, I finally procured both the Buffy Xbox Game and Chaos Bleeds without breaking the bank.

And then, I realized I needed a hardrive that allowed backwards compatibility. (For background, the games were both released for the original Xbox, not Xbox 360, so many hoops must be jumped through)

More searching.

Finally I had both games and a hard drive.

I enjoyed many evenings of vampire slaying with the Buffy Xbox Game, and reached the excessively tedious Evil Vampire Dog Thing Boss. After getting so frustrated to the point of almost threatening violence upon my long suffering Xbox 360, I stopped and decided to come back to it another day.

Well, now my Xbox has rejected the hard drive like a bad transplant, (you know, as consoles do) and whenever the Hard drive is plugged into it, it displays the oh-so-devastating "Red Ring of Death".

So, alas it seems my days of Slaying vampires, mashing buttons so Buffy with ACTUALLY KICK THE RIGHT ENEMY and explore the infinite amount of abandoned sewers under Sunnydale are over. For now, anyways.

My options were laid out to me by the ever optimistic and trustworthy internet. They were as follows:

Buy a new hard drive.

A good one this time.

Anyways, just hoped to share some misery, before I get too upset and say something to my poor 360 I might regret.

What about You? Have you ever (Successfully) played the Buffy Xbox Games? Or maybe you've speant a lot of time and effort into an item (or items) in your collection and it didn't pan out?
If you have a decent enough PC, you could try running the games on an emulated/virtual Xbox on your PC.

FullOnLehaneFan

Five by Five
Okay, By the way, I tried this out and, aside from having no idea how to control it, it is SO FUN.
If it helps, I could mansplain the controls? But before I do, you should try clicking on the 'lil controller icon on the bottom of the screen.
It'll bring up all the controls for you. It's easier to understand than my words are, most likely. Oh, and you can re-map keys if they feel awkward to you.
Neat, huh? Okay, I'll let you get back to slayage.

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
There are many options, I've never tried an XBOX emulator but I'm assuming it's similar to a PS emulator.
Better look it up on google to be sure but you'd need an XBOX emulator and then get the file for the game which must be uber small since it's an old game and then you can either play w a keyboard (by default) or use a controller if you have one that you can connect to your computer but that can be a bit tricky and takes time that's why using tutorials are better.

Also I found a longplay of it and I watched some of it, it looooooks sooooo cool. How come I missed that :'( I wouldn't mind a new one w the original cast voice acting hehe but there I go daydreaming again haha

This is super awesome thank you! Probably would have saved me some time earlier on...
Love a recomendation on where to download the game...

Yeah, the games are pretty awesome! I've not played Chaos Bleeds yet, but the first one is really fun. Also, they got everyone to reprise their roles, except for Sarah Michelle Gellar who, according to Imdb, "Requested to read the script first and wasn't sent it in time". She wasn't in Chaos Bleeds either, and neither were a few other people, but still, the person they got to voice Buffy is pretty great for a SMG impressionist.

Top Bottom