• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

"Odd" Non-Canon Couples You Like?

fivebyfaith

Townie
I'm a bit curious as to what people like, and I wanted to see if there were any Buffyverse couples I hadn't considered that I really should! Post some "odd" non-canon couples (as in, one that isn't very popular) that you like the idea of or you ship. Would love to hear your reasoning too!!

There's a few for me:

I love the idea of both Buffy/Tara and Faith/Tara. I think Tara would be a really good balancing force for both Buffy and Faith, just in different ways.

For Buffy/Tara, I would stipulate that it would be best to "begin" that storyline in the latter part of season 6, after Tara breaks up with Willow and around the time Buffy breaks down. Just... Buffy needs some good wholesome love and cuddles for once. Not sure if they would stay together for super long or if it would be a really close relationship, but Buffy and Tara love people super deeply so I think it would turn into something more.

Faith/Tara admittedly is more of a crack ship because they never really met BUT I absolutely love the idea of them, and there's some surprisingly good fic about them too. They're the more "opposites attract" kind of couple, but they complement each other really well. Faith would be great in bringing Tara out of her shell, while Faith would obviously benefit from a stable, gentle partner who shows her a lot of love.

My last one is Willow/Anya in season 7. I was watching a scene they were in together in s7 a while ago and I was like OH. They should have been together or at least been each others' rebound after Xander leaving the altar and Tara's death. Bonus, no Kennedy needed, and Anya gets an actual character arc and things to do. Xander then also has some personal challenges in watching the woman he almost married get together with his best friend. Obviously... would prefer if they didn't kill another of Willow's partners, please.

These are just some that have captured my imagination but I would love to see some more, and add some more couples to my list!

Gingerbread

Townie
When I first started reading the Boom! comics series, which is a contemporary reimagining starting back in the high school years, it occurred to me that Buffy and Oz could make a great couple. Oz is, in my opinion, the most well adjusted man in the Buffyverse, so would be able to support Buffy emotionally. But he’s also a werewolf, which provides plenty of drama and darkness to be explored through the plot - he’s a good guy, but not as vanilla as Riley.
Buffy and Faith - I absolutely believe there was romantic chemistry between them in Season 3.
Another one that is basically canon is Spike and Angel - they were lovers.
I think you’re spot on with Willow and Anya too.

fivebyfaith
fivebyfaith
I love the Buffy/Oz idea, he's the greatest and Buffy deserved a more stable relationship

Priceless

Scooby
My two favourite non canon couples would be Giles/Anya. I love their chemistry in Tabula Rasa and would have liked to have seen more of that. I also like Willow/Faith as a combination, I think they'd have to work to understand each other, but I think it could work .

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Clem and Dawn spent some time together and it seemed to be a great relationship. Clem was always a perfect gentleman (even without the consideration that if he had done anything to Dawn, Buffy would have strangled him with his own intestines). They shared junk food and watched TV together. How much more perfect does it get?

WillowsFaith

Townie
Principal Robin and Buffy. I know they went on a date kinda, but I know the fandom wasn’t down with it. Other then the age gap problem, and him wanting to kill spike. I actually think it be a a different kinda relationship we wouldn’t see in buffy.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'd have liked to seen Olivia more (but wish that in the dream it had been Jenny instead of Olivia).

Dawn with a boyfriend who turns into a vampire...with Dawn wanting to protect him and yelling at Buffy, "You do it, all the time!"

And wanting to curse him herself (since Willow isn't up to that...and yet she did that spell in Angel season 4, which is Buffy season 7, so maybe Willow could), and then Buffy has to be the one calmed by Xander over Dawn dating a vampire, since here Xander would be the one to understand what it would be like for Buffy to see, and he's made peace with it by now while Buffy is still reeling. I bet Spike would be against it as well.

I expect Buffy and Spike both would talk about how the lust can't be controlled, love/passion must work its will, so the curse really is a curse, one of pain and longing, and then evil vampire boyfriend. This really could be an interesting story as Buffy reflects upon her own teen self with Angel.

And Spanya. The one night stand between them is one of the few moments I found exciting on this show, so it could be built upon, and then maybe I could have a ship I enjoyed. It would start more believably and less awkward than many others on the show.

And since season 7 was "back to the beginning" I'd like to have seen Spike's evil self back to become the Big Bad once more instead of the First (though maybe he needs Buffy's help at the end), but I think Anya's pendant would have to be crushed first...and this time fearing her mortality, Anya becomes a vampire, his new Dru, though crazy in a very different way, but still in a way Spike loves.

Clem and Dawn spent some time together and it seemed to be a great relationship. Clem was always a perfect gentleman (even without the consideration that if he had done anything to Dawn, Buffy would have strangled him with his own intestines). They shared junk food and watched TV together. How much more perfect does it get?
I thought Clem/Buffy: it could be sweet, Buffy has plenty of shame for him to drink which he'd show his love by trying to alleviate (and explore Buffy's--and the other's--character more, and just because he sensed shame didn't mean he knew what the source of it was and would serve poorly as an "evil detector").

And unlike Spike or Angel, actually be brave for the writers to make happen as many in the audience would feel Clem was being shoved on them (and between a murder with hot abs and a sweet, dependable guy who looks like that, they'll choose the murderer with evil desires). It would interest me and be funny if many in the audience couldn't handle that while hungering for all the other tragedy and violence the show put them through.

Just keep your kittens away from him (though I'm really not clear what demons do with kittens).

They could even throw in a bit of past trivia, like Cafeteria Lady was a former flame of Clem's, and they really don't want to know what went into the school caf food before it was rat poison...and maybe even that Caf Lady hoped to become a vampire, and as soon as she found one who could drink without killing her and promising her immortality if she but poison the Slayer or some such, that vampire is a random dusted vampire which drove Caf Lady over the edge in bitterness who then decided to kill them all, just as she was doomed to die, and if it killed Buffy then so much the better.

Last edited:

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Willow&Faith: Instead of pairing Willow with Kennedy, we could've brought Willow and Faith together in the seventh season. They would understand each other's loss, grief and regret. Their relationship would be interesting due to some very similar and some very different aspects of their personalities. This relationship might actually go somewhere as well since they both did some maturing by the time Faith comes back.

Xander&Spike: I think they already are a better comedic duo than Xander&Anya. I would like to see how their interactions would evolve.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Giles and Anya- Like @Priceless said, they had good chemistry in Tabula Rasa and I actually think they may have been better suited than Xander and Anya.

Giles and Joyce- Buffy's mother and Buffy's father figure, it could be a ready made family unit which blends the best of both worlds, normalcy with Joyce and slaying with Giles.

Buffy and Clem- I see this one as more Season 6 non-Spuffy where Clem has genuine feelings for Buffy whilst Buffy is just using him to make herself feel better and hating herself for it, whilst Spike is feeling really protective of his friend.

T
thrasherpix
I like the Buffy/Clem, though Clem might find the shame and embarrassment of Buffy worth it for his diet, and I see Spike acting out of jealousy than concern...but nice contrast to those with and without souls if Spike really is a good friend.

Stake fodder

Soulless
And wanting to curse him herself (since Willow isn't up to that...and yet she did that spell in Angel season 4, which is Buffy season 7, so maybe Willow could), and then Buffy has to be the one calmed by Xander over Dawn dating a vampire, since here Xander would be the one to understand what it would be like for Buffy to see, and he's made peace with it by now while Buffy is still reeling. I bet Spike would be against it as well.
Do you mean that Dawn would curse her vampire boyfriend with a soul? That would be hard for Buffy to object to.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Do you mean that Dawn would curse her vampire boyfriend with a soul? That would be hard for Buffy to object to.
I think she would because she'd know that, at best, it would lead to mutual misery. And at worst...passion will have its way, just like Spike said, just as Buffy and Angel were both coming close to doing even after they knew the danger.

OTOH, even when she's not sure what her relationship with Spike is she sends Dawn to him without a second thought, as if Spike would be unable to lead Dawn into danger or sell her (he can't hurt her, but he can say sell the Slayer's sister). That kind of recklessness suggests she might.

Could be fun in season 7 (and Faith asking if they could do that to a few more vampires, maybe even the uber-vamps), though with the First around the soul might be of an unusually evil kind...something that makes a vampire even worse rather than conflicted.

fauxindigo

Scooby
Buffy Summers & Charles Gunn (I feel like Gunn is a perfect mix of Angel/Spike/Riley & Robin Wood & the perfect man for Buffy)

Willow Rosenberg & Winnifred Burkle (even if not romantic, they are two peas in a pod)

Wesley Wyndham Pryce & Gwendolyn Post (if they came to Sunnydale together @ the same time)

Angel & Cordelia Chase (wanted it from AtS s1 all the way until the end of the series) ...also Angel & Gwen Raiden have great chemistry...

Dracula & Drusilla (I feel like they'd be so perfect together)

Priceless
Priceless
Angel and Cordy definitely

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
First of all Tara & Buffy . Buffy needs someone who kind & non-judging like Tara is & Tara needs someone who pick her first .
Bonus Dawn would be really happy they a couple .

Xander & Oz. Xander is out there & Oz would steady him . Plus that way Xander would have someone that gets him .

Willow Rosenberg & Winnifred Burkle. They both like genius & Fred would be able to keep up with Willow.

Lastly & this is just friendship Dawn & Clem . He make the perfect babysitter for Dawn plus he could
help out in ways a normal babysitter couldn't .

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
I definitely support Clawn.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Faith & Willow. I've read some really great fics exploring this pairing, especially post-Season 6, with the two bonding over the whole "going dark" thing.

Also Dawn & Connor. Angsty teens unite!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Not odd, but Angel and Kate. It feels like why she was on the show, but they never took it there. I think they could’ve made them a thing after the ”all that matters is what we do” speech, at least after Katie made some changes and becomes a demon hunter.

Cordelia and Lindsey. Both grappling with morality and their strong ambition and desire for material goods.

Spanky
Spanky
Oh I know they should have! You doan haffa tell me
Ann
Ann
I like your coupling ideas especially Angel and Kate. That was not fully explored. Perhaps they should have gotten them together in the comics.
Top Bottom