• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV You've Seen #10

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Made For Love S1 - 9.5/10
Holy cripes that was sooo good. I'm crossing my fingers for the greenlight of S2, but even if I don't get one, this still feels so good. Complete, despite the somewhat cliffhanger-y ending. Cristin Milioti was wonderful, and so were Billy Magnussen and Ray Romano. My favorite scene was an emotional word battle between father and daughter where they finally let out all the frustrations they'd kept inside for over a decade; the acting was at its peak there.

If anything, this show was a lesson for me to stop pussyfooting about and just try and watch some new shows, cause I can get something really great out of it :)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Jupiter's Legacy 4/10: Incredibly disappointing. Mostly muddled and derivative drivel. I enjoyed some of the pulpy/golden age origin story...but the 'super' parts were a slog. The character's/situations/relationships are all surprisingly unoriginal and the twist is weak/predictable. Plus the central moral quandary in unsubtly hammered into the ground.
For a fresh take on super-heroics watch Invincible S1. Much better.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah JL doesn't look great to me.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
V. The Final Battle 8/10 .
Feel I was a bit stingy with the original V miniseries , should have been a 10 .
Transferred a tenner from my recent lottery win , so I could buy these as a little present from Prime Video . ;) Very happy with them .

The Final Battle isn't quite as good as the original , but it's a satisfactory conclusion to the story . Looking at it with 2021 eyes , there is a horrifying plot/continuity gaffe during one of the biggest fight scenes . Also the supporting cast really needed some weapons handling training . They are the only things that really stretches the credulity of the 21st century viewer .

Last edited:

Mr Trick

Scooby
Six Feet Under Season 3 - 10/10
Think this is my favourite season. Love the art school stuff with Claire, plus some of the best Keith and David, and some of the most powerful deaths. The end to the season is really dark.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Rules of Engagement S1-6 . 6/10
Now I love sitcoms ...and I love David Spade ...but I don't love this . It's a funny enough workplace/apartment sit com . It can be very funny but it can be a bit flat and formulaic sometimes too . Only really watched for Spade , but even that couldn't entice me to finish the whole show in one sitting .

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I said it before and I'll say it again. Helter Skelter: An American Myth
is probably the best "Manson" documentary ever done. I put Manson in quotes because it's more than just about him. It's just a slice of life at that time.

This is the second time watching and it's just unparalleled in my opinion.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
The Sopranos S3 - 10
Great writing and performances, amazing character studies, dramatic, emotional and very funny, and manages to bring out the humanity despite all the brutality and selfishness. Although it would deserve 10 just for Pine Barrens

TriBel

Scooby
@TriBel The only thing is do you find Rico to be really awful this season? Like more of a asshole than he's ever been? ;)
You're asking me to remember who Rico is when I'm hard-pressed to remember what day it is? The only thing I remember is the beginning and being blown away by the end! Seriously - I don't remember plots and stories: my mind just doesn't absorb them. It's good because it means I can watch the best TV/films over and over but bad when people ask me questions about the narrative! 😄

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
That is a nice feelings! Think we've rewatced it a few times now, so it tends to be quite fresh. But yeah still things you forget.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Mare of Easttown - 8.5/10
A really sastifying finale which tied everything together so well. Again it had nice twists and powerful dramatic moments. Up there with Kate Winslet's best roles.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Mare of Easttown - 8.5/10
A really sastifying finale which tied everything together so well. Again it had nice twists and powerful dramatic moments. Up there with Kate Winslet's best roles.
Agreed. Woulda been a 9+ for me, but felt the finale reveal was a bit of a let down. Plus a few questions that I would've liked to have answered.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I don't know think it answered enough questions without tying things up too much.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Buffy Season 2 - 8.5/10
The rating would be even higher if not for the really bad Monster of the week episodes. My favourite MOTW episode of the season (if it counts as one) is I Only Have Eyes for You. Its a cool concept, but also adds to the characters and season arc. Killed by Death is underrated too.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Just Shoot Me ! (1997) 10/10 . Been craving a bit of sitcom so binged a few seasons worth . The 90s were a fertile time for US television in general and sitcoms in particular . Just Shoot Me is super overlooked and underrated and always has been . People are literally still wetting their pants about Friends and Frasier and Seinfeld . Yet 'Just Shoot Me' is/was as good as any of them .

It had solid ratings , strong writing , likeable and gifted ensemble . Yet it don't get no regard . It's never even had a full DVD release , it only recently got a streaming deal . Frasier and Friends were treated like royalty in British TV scheduling . Just Shoot Me got heavily censored and bunged on with kids breakfast holiday television :p. In Wales , they wouldn't even show the English language kids telly so Just Shoot Me was shown in an omnibus in the middle of Sunday (?) night . :p

Mr Trick

Scooby
Just Shoot Me ! (1997) 10/10 . Been craving a bit of sitcom so binged a few seasons worth . The 90s were a fertile time for US television in general and sitcoms in particular . Just Shoot Me is super overlooked and underrated and always has been . People are literally still wetting their pants about Friends and Frasier and Seinfeld . Yet 'Just Shoot Me' is/was as good as any of them .

It had solid ratings , strong writing , likeable and gifted ensemble . Yet it don't get no regard . It's never even had a full DVD release , it only recently got a streaming deal . Frasier and Friends were treated like royalty in British TV scheduling . Just Shoot Me got heavily censored and bunged on with kids breakfast holiday television :p. In Wales , they wouldn't even show the English language kids telly so Just Shoot Me was shown in an omnibus in the middle of Sunday (?) night . :p
Well that's a bold statement. I always used to watch it back when it was on and remember enjoying it. But when I rewatched S1 a few years back I didn't think it has aged very well. But maybe it gets better after that :D

Top Bottom