• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Cohen

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week @Cohen is in the spotlight, he's done this before so jump straight in with the difficult questions!

Red or blue?
Apples or oranges?
Short city breaks or weekends at the beach?
Friends or Fraiser?
Can you sing?
Can you dance?

Black Thorn
The next victim hehe 😀

What's it like living in California?
How many movie stars have you met?
Best thing to do on hot days?
Dinner with Spike or hunt bad vampires with Angel?
Go to The Bronze with Buffy or the library with Willow?
Favourite movie or song?
Do you go to any hobby clubs if so which? 😀

Nix

🤪
Sineya
What is the dominant colour in your wardrobe?
Do you have a beautiful love story of you both meeting for the first time (partner obviously lol)?
The infamous question, pineapple on pizza - yes or no?
Early bird or night owl?
Most favourite cooking ingredient?
What is your favourite meal with that ingredient?

Black Thorn
How are you with heights?
What is your dream occupation?
How many pets do you have?
Favourite herbal tea?
Do you like Ikea furniture?

Plasma

Not Lurking, Standing About. Whole different vibe.
Staff member
Cohen is the next victim you say…?

giphy.gif

What’s your favorite part of educating children? Least favorite part?

Read any good books lately?

Top 5 TV Shows?

Any embarrassing stories for us? ;)

Any scary irl stories for us?

If you could go back in time and see anything, what would you see?

How are you doing? :)

Cohen

Hellhound
This week @Cohen is in the spotlight, he's done this before so jump straight in with the difficult questions!

Red or blue?
Apples or oranges?
Short city breaks or weekends at the beach?
Friends or Fraiser?
Can you sing?
Can you dance?
Red
Oranges
Beach
Friends
Karaoke is my jam!!
Yes, I am physically able to dance... is it well? depends on your definition of "well" 😂

What's it like living in California?
How many movie stars have you met?
Best thing to do on hot days?
Dinner with Spike or hunt bad vampires with Angel?
Go to The Bronze with Buffy or the library with Willow?
Favourite movie or song?
Do you go to any hobby clubs if so which? 😀
1.So funny story.. I don't actually live in Cali. I believe my Veronica Mars obsession influenced my location back in the day and I've never changed it. Lol. But I DO live on the OTHER coast in the US. Where it's hot and humid all year long. Joy.
2. Personally, I have met one star, McKenzie Phillips from "Travelers" on Netflix. We took my niece to Walker Hayes and she was the opening act. And also married to a childhood friend of mine. So I'm two degrees separated from Eric McCormack aka Will from Will&Grace, which is honestly the best thing ever.
3. On hot days, I prefer to cruise the lake with my buddies and some beer.
4. Spike, he's way more fun.
5. Bronze with Buffy. I've always wanted to chill in the Bronze.
6. Favorite Movie: (Franchise) Scream, but "The Heat" with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, and the classic "Mean Girls"
7. I would say this is my biggest hobby club. Lol. I work a lot during the week, so it doesn't allow for a lot of time outside of that and home with the hubs! :)
Post automatically merged:

What is the dominant colour in your wardrobe?
Do you have a beautiful love story of you both meeting for the first time (partner obviously lol)?
The infamous question, pineapple on pizza - yes or no?
Early bird or night owl?
Most favourite cooking ingredient?
What is your favourite meal with that ingredient?
1. Black? and Blue.
2. Hubs and I met online (of course) and we chatted for a while before our first date. I was living in a bigger city and he came over to my side of town for dinner and a movie. Then I went to his town for a stroll in the square and other than like 4 days of self-doubt, we haven't been apart since. We adopted our beautiful pup, Sam, 2 weeks after we started dating and I had a moving van with my things within 2 months.
3. yes! I love a Hawaiian pizza!
4. Very much a night owl. I am a TERROR in the morning. lol
5. Chicken. I will cook anything with chicken.
6. Chicken fajitas or Chicken Quesadillas are my go-to!

How are you with heights?
What is your dream occupation?
How many pets do you have?
Favourite herbal tea?
Do you like Ikea furniture?
1. Not a fan of heights. I am okay to a certain point. I love roller coasters, but the top of the first hill always gives me that sinking feeling for about 3 seconds before the ride begins.
2. I'm living it! I teach high school students (age 14-18) and I love every bit of it. Some of the administrative things about teaching are not the most fun, but I love working with my young adults. They keep me from getting old. lol
3. I have one fur child, and he is the absolute pride of my life.
4. Is Green Tea herbal? I like to mix it in bourbon with some honey and a spritz of lemon, mint and cinnamon.
5. I loved Ikea furniture when I was single and needed to get some cheap furniture for my apartment! I had this really amazing duvet and cover I bought from there my first year of teaching. It was the fluffiest I have ever had.
Cohen is the next victim you say…?

giphy.gif

What’s your favorite part of educating children? Least favorite part?

Read any good books lately?

Top 5 TV Shows?

Any embarrassing stories for us? ;)

Any scary irl stories for us?

If you could go back in time and see anything, what would you see?

How are you doing? :)
1. Being a mentor and helping them with their issues--both at school and outside of school. I think the worst part is some of the administrative hoo-ha I have to deal with.
2. I just read a book called "Linked" by Gordon Korman. Its a young adult novel that takes place in a middle school where someone is painting Swatzikas throughout the school, and the students are forced to deal with the impact of that choice, and decide to make a paper chain with enough links to equate to the 6 million Jews who perished during the Holocaust. There were a few twists, and I shed a few tears.
3. I put my deodorant on this morning before I put my shirt on, so there is white deodorant stain all over the right side of my body.
4. I don't really have any scary stories, but I did go to a haunted high school. I saw the ghost of our dead principal one more than one occasion.
5. It's really morbid but I have always wondered what it was like to be on the Titanic when it sunk. I hope I'd survive?
6. You're sweet. We had Prom last week so that was really awesome and also sad because these students I have really bonded with are leaving me in a few weeks to like go be adults or something. But I am doing really good right now. :)

Last edited:
Black Thorn
Why did you want to teach High school instead of middle or elementary?
How similar is Sunnydale high to your school?
Have you ever made friends/ kept in contact with a student after graduation?
What subject do you teach?
Where would you want to move if you had the chance?
What is prom like in America?

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
There's been semi-official news with Doctor Who that the new RTD era is going to be a reboot? What do you think of that?

What are your top 5 least favourite social stigmas?

Did you like the Doctor Who episode 'In The Forest Of The Night'?

Who is your favourite Doctor/season/companion?

Cohen

Hellhound
Why did you want to teach High school instead of middle or elementary?
How similar is Sunnydale high to your school?
Have you ever made friends/ kept in contact with a student after graduation?
What subject do you teach?
Where would you want to move if you had the chance?
What is prom like in America?
1. I used to teach elementary, and I loved Upper Elementary (Age 9-11), but I want to go into educational administration, so I moved to high school to get new experience at a higher setting. And I love the impact I get to have on my young people. It's different that elementary. I just feel like I am able to make a more direct impact on these kids.
2. While we do not have monsters taking out half the student population, there are cliques and in-fighting between groups of students. It's like a little family, really. Also, another difference is the kids don't look like they are in their 20s. lol
3. I keep in contact with some of my graduates. They are able to text me when they need me, and they have come back to visit me!
4. I teach English for Speakers of other Languages. So most of my students are immigrants. :)
5. I would love to move to Ireland or the UK and get to holiday in Europe more easily.
6. Nothing like the glamorous Proms on television and the movies. No massive sets dressed up (maybe more affluent schools can afford this?). There's finger foods and deserts. Teacher chaperones make sure the punch isn't spiked. The kids get all dressed up and we have a DJ, and it's just a big dance.
There's been semi-official news with Doctor Who that the new RTD era is going to be a reboot? What do you think of that?

What are your top 5 least favourite social stigmas?

Did you like the Doctor Who episode 'In The Forest Of The Night'?

Who is your favourite Doctor/season/companion?

1) I have not seen that! Links to articles??
2) I think I would need elaboration. Are you referring to like "jocks, popular, nerds, band geeks, etc"?
3) To be honest, I barely remember that one. My favorite Who episode will always be "Blink". It was absolutely fantastic.
4) Nine was my first doctor, so he will always be my favorite. My favorite season is probably 3. I love Martha more and more every time I re-watch, I just hate her pining over the doctor arc because I think she's a stellar character without that. And I adore Rose.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
1) I have not seen that! Links to articles??
2) I think I would need elaboration. Are you referring to like "jocks, popular, nerds, band geeks, etc"?

I'm not sure if there's been any articles about it but long story short a company called Millennium FX were responsible for the designs of the monsters for Doctor Who for series 1-12. They're coming back to do the designs for the new series with RTD and one of the directors of the company- Neill Gorton described the new series as "the second reboot of Doctor Who."

I mean social stigmas like say eating out alone at a fancy restaurant. Just things that people might judge others for that you don't think they should.

burrunjor

Scooby
Okay Cohen

Vampires or Demons?

Synapsids of Dinosaurs?

Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus?

Amy Winehouse or Lady Gaga?

Godzilla or King Kong?

Married with Children or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Crocodiles or Lions?

Monkeys or Snakes?

Dinosaurs Attack or Mars Attacks? (I wouldn't expect many people to know both LOL, but just in case.)

TamsinValencia
TamsinValencia
I like the mars attack question

Cohen

Hellhound
I'm not sure if there's been any articles about it but long story short a company called Millennium FX were responsible for the designs of the monsters for Doctor Who for series 1-12. They're coming back to do the designs for the new series with RTD and one of the directors of the company- Neill Gorton described the new series as "the second reboot of Doctor Who."

I mean social stigmas like say eating out alone at a fancy restaurant. Just things that people might judge others for that you don't think they should.
Oh I think I would need more confirmation. But I think they mean like the new regeneration, cause ever regeneration is a soft reboot. So I’m all for it.

I throw stigmas out the door. I’ll go see a movie alone or eat at a restaurant alone. I think people should do what makes them happy, end of day.

Okay Cohen

Vampires or Demons?

Synapsids of Dinosaurs?

Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus?

Amy Winehouse or Lady Gaga?

Godzilla or King Kong?

Married with Children or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Crocodiles or Lions?

Monkeys or Snakes?

Dinosaurs Attack or Mars Attacks? (I wouldn't expect many people to know both LOL, but just in case.)
vampires!

dinosaurs!

tyrano!!

Gaga!!

Godzilla!

i haven’t seen enough of either sitcom but I love Katey Sagal so Married!

Lions!!

monkeys!!

Haven’t seen either movie.. 🙁

Plasma

Not Lurking, Standing About. Whole different vibe.
Staff member
The better question: Godzilla…or Gamera?

I believe I’ve read it before, but what’s the backstory on your username?

Favorite Buffy comic? It can be an entire season, or just one particular issue. Or…(snicker)…one of the Boom! issues 🤭

Would you rather have the ability to wield Mjolnir, or the resources to wear and design Iron Man suits?

On that note, favorite comic book character? (you can use the MCU versions if you so wish)

What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you or about you?

Your Top 5 Movies and Top 5 TV shows? :)

Last edited:
Cohen
Cohen
Omg I’m going to have to put some thought into that last one 😬😳
burrunjor
burrunjor
Nah no contest with Godzilla and Gamera in my opinion. Godzilla has the better films. Kong however though in fewer films has some real classics. Though I admit the 70s Kong is a gropey lameo LOL.

burrunjor

Scooby
Oh I think I would need more confirmation. But I think they mean like the new regeneration, cause ever regeneration is a soft reboot. So I’m all for it.

I throw stigmas out the door. I’ll go see a movie alone or eat at a restaurant alone. I think people should do what makes them happy, end of day.

vampires!

dinosaurs!

tyrano!!

Gaga!!

Godzilla!

i haven’t seen enough of either sitcom but I love Katey Sagal so Married!

Lions!!

monkeys!!

Haven’t seen either movie.. 🙁
Haha well that's the thing about Dinosaur Attack and Mars Attacks is that they are not just movies.

They were both trading cards about aliens and Dinosaurs attacking cities all over the world, with unbelievably gory details.

Mars Attacks was made into a film in the 90s, (which is awesome btw.) Still I do wonder what Dinosaur attack would have looked like as a film.

Here it is by the way

c07919bfeab34d089494b2623838c78d.jpg

7226177816_03a0219c2c_o.jpg

df44.jpg

0bb7af743df54a68abceecff354c5a09.jpg

This would have been so awesome!

[I][B]TamsinValencia[/B][/I] I like the mars attack question

Thanks. I like to vary my usual questions up a bit. It's funny though that nobody has chosen Synapsids over Dinosaurs considering we are all Synapsids technically. We're all traitors.

Also I LOVE Katey Sagal too. Man after my own heart. She is amazing in pretty much everything she has ever been in. Peggy Bundy is a hilarious character, but I think Leela is my favourite role of hers.

Plasma
Plasma
Those are some sick trading cards. Somebody needs to make that into a comic series

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
What kind of car do you drive?

Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Can you swim?

Can you sing?

Do you have a significant other?

Do you have an insignificant other?

What level of education do you have?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

What are your worst favourite vices?

Have you ever taken part in a protest?

How long has it been since you were in a fight?

Cohen

Hellhound
The better question: Godzilla…or Gamera?

I believe I’ve read it before, but what’s the backstory on your username?

Favorite Buffy comic? It can be an entire season, or just one particular issue. Or…(snicker)…one of the Boom! issues 🤭

Would you rather have the ability to wield Mjolnir, or the resources to wear and design Iron Man suits?

On that note, favorite comic book character? (you can use the MCU versions if you so wish)

What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you or about you?

Your Top 5 Movies and Top 5 TV shows? :)
1.Let’s go Gamera because it’s probably better.

2. Cohen comes from a character I created for a supernatural tv series I have been working on off and on since grade school. Before Supernatural’s hunters in the form of Sam and Dean, I had created Cohen, who had prophetic dreams and a connection to the spirit world. i mapped out 8 seasons, and got really in depth with character arcs and plot twists but it’s always been hard to sit and write a pilot.

3. I really love “The Origin” because it redoes the movie in line with the tv series!

4. Thunder hammer for sure. There’s something special about ancient mythology.

5. One of the first mainstream characters to become LGBT was the Green Lantern in one of the New 52 comics; and so I’d go with that. Also I loved Green Lantern in the Justice League Unlimited series. No comment on Ryan Reynold’s version.

6. Every time my students tell me how much they love me and how I’ve impacted them completely floors me and while it’s my goal as an educator, it’s so weird to hear. But definitely the impact on my kids.

7a.Movies: (1) Scream franchise (2) The Heat (3) Mean Girls (4) Barb and Star Go to vista Del Mar (5) Veronica Mars
Honorable Mention: The Patriot, it was one of my mom’s favorite movies and I have distinct memories watching it with her as a

7b. TV shows: (1) Buffy (2) Charmed (3) One Tree Hill (4) Veronica Mars (5) Diagnosis Murder (6) Doctor Who (7) Parks and Recreation (8) Law&Order (franchise) (9) Smallville (10) So Weird

What kind of car do you drive?

Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Can you swim?

Can you sing?

Do you have a significant other?

Do you have an insignificant other?

What level of education do you have?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

What are your worst favourite vices?

Have you ever taken part in a protest?

How long has it been since you were in a fight?
1. Toyota
2. Some guitar and some piano
3. Suburban - it’s a good mix of city and country for me
4. Yes I can swim, but I prefer to boat or float
5. Yes, I has a husband
6. Insignificant other? Like a best mate? Yes, multiple for different aspects of my life!
7. I have a Master’s degree, and plan to pursue a doctoral degree in the future
8. Probably the UK because it’s close to Europe for holidays but also the best place I could run into The Doctor
9. I’m on a big bourbon kick recently! I love me some bourbon.
10. 3 years ago I protested Teacher Grievances at the Statehouse in my State, asking for better working conditions. We were on a positive trajectory until the pandemic hit us!
11. I’m a pacifist. I try not to fight. I don’t think I’ve ever been in one, unless you call sibling rivalry a fight. My sister and I used to have drag outs when I was a tot.

Plasma
Plasma
Seeing some love for John Stewart Green Lantern is just the best. ❤️

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
1. Are you a younger or older sibling and if you could choose would you want more siblings?
2. What are your thoughts on olives?
3. Have you seen any West End (or Broadway) musicals?

Cohen

Hellhound
1. Are you a younger or older sibling and if you could choose would you want more siblings?
2. What are your thoughts on olives?
3. Have you seen any West End (or Broadway) musicals?
1. Younger! I prefer having built-in security. Also why I probably identify with Dawn so well and love season 5!
2. Not like super keen but not going to be mad if I see them in my food.
3. I’m not a big musical person 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom