• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Season 8 Library Editions out of print and being sold for hundreds

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
So if anyone has any interest in getting rid of their library editions, people are selling the later volumes of season 8 at over £100 a pop because they are out of print.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
I just counted mine and I have 10 altogether. I didn't realise they'd become so rare!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh, they look really nice! Wouldn’t pay 100s for it, but I can see why others would. Good collector’s item

Bluebird

Black Thorn
Oh, they look really nice! Wouldn’t pay 100s for it, but I can see why others would. Good collector’s item
Neither would I! I mean I mostly bought them because they were a big print and collected a lot of issues, rather than it being a collectible. I also bought them when they first released and the RRP was £24.99 and I got most for £20. Seems insane that people are paying out hundreds now for used copies. I saw one go, used, for near £300.

Taake
Taake
Wow! I’d be tempted to sell if I had some!

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Holy shit! I'm going to look into this. I have all the library editions and some haven't been opened.

Bluebird
Bluebird
Goldmine!

Angel6

Potential
The angel and faith volume 3 one seems to be the rarest one I’ve seen it advertised for about £350 but found it in Australia for $35 :)

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I was speaking to someone about the library editions the other day and it prompted me to check the prices on eBay. The 3 Season 10 volumes sold for £900 and Season 9 went for £500. High prices for most of them.

Just thought I'd bump this in case anyone here has these and is currently looking to raise funds.

Last edited:

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Just thought I'd bump this in case anyone here has these and is currently looking to raise funds.
I might should try to dig mine out though I can't imagine them getting that much money as they are not still shrink-wrapped. Ebay in the US they aren't going for nearly as much.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I might should try to dig mine out though I can't imagine them getting that much money as they are not still shrink-wrapped. Ebay in the US they aren't going for nearly as much.
Tough trying to work out what's the going rate and what might have been an anomaly. A lot of them do seem consistently high though so if you're looking to sell then it's probably a good time to list with a reserve or high starting point.

Priceless

Scooby
I have all the library editions, some of which I had to buy second hand from Ebay and they were not cheap.

TriBel

Scooby
I loath Ebay at the best of times. Whether I'm buying or selling I always feel as though I've been robbed. The selling bit's a lie...I've never sold anything on Ebay because I know I'll feel I've been robbed (that made sense in my head). For that reason, I'd rather give things away (scoring Brownie points if there really is a Heaven). I've just checked the site...there are prices over £1000 but the only item with a bid is £90 for three different volumes. £30 each isn't bad but still twice as much as I paid for some of mine.

Priceless

Scooby
I bought Angel Vol 6: Last Angel in Hell for £48, which is the most expensive single book I've bought from Ebay, I think. The cheapest on there now is £52.80 plus p&p.

TriBel

Scooby
I bought Angel Vol 6: Last Angel in Hell for £48, which is the most expensive single book I've bought from Ebay, I think. The cheapest on there now is £52.80 plus p&p.
I paid less than that for one of my Sandman Absolute Editions - that was new with a RRP of £100!

Just checked my Amazon page:
Angel S11 (2020) £16.39 (New)
Buffy S12 (2020) £16.42 (New)
Buffy S10.3 (2018)£19.48 (New)
Buffy S8.2 (2017) £13.68 (SH ?)
Buffy S8.1 (2017) £13.26 (SH?)
A&F S9.1 (2017) £15.96 (SH?)
A&F S9.2 (2017) £17.16 (SH?)
A&F S9.3 (2017) £16.66 (SH?)
Buffy S9.3 (2017) £17.09 (New? SH? No idea).
Buffy S9.2 (2017) £16.16 (?)
Buffy S9.1 (2017) £17.09 (?)
Buffy S8.3 (2017) £17.08 (?)

I've got them all so I must have bought the others from somewhere other than Amazon but I don't think I've ever paid more than £25 (probably from an actual retailer in Manchester or Leeds).

I should really get rid of the Trades.

Priceless

Scooby
Just checked my Amazon orders . . . Buffy S8 Vol 3 £41.30, the other library eds are all around £18. I am sure I've bought more from Ebay but they only give you the last three years of purchases and I'm sure I bought 3 library editions but only needed one of them, and they cost about £85. I must have sold the two I didn't want, so I didn't lose out.

If I added up all I've spent on Buffy merch . . . well I dread to think 😆

buffybot2021

Townie
Popped in here to see if anyone was having luck finding cheap ones. I'm working on collecting the season comics and it's been really frustrating to fin that they're going for really high prices, as they were so cheap when they were originally released. I want all the library editions, since that's what I started with when collecting season 8, but I can barely afford some of the trade paperbacks I've been able to find, much less the library ones. I wish Boom was kind enough to re-publish the seasons. Guess I'm gonna have to save up a lot of money haha.

Top Bottom