• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Tales From Spike's Crypt

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
My thanks to The Powers That Be (for those of us here) The Power That Is - for he who is God - and by that I do mean - Joss Whedon.
And to all others who may be involved with the giving of permission for us few to write our efforts of Fan Fiction here.

Tales From Spike’s Crypt

It was odd Dawn began to get the feeling that everyone knew something but they stopped talking when she was about. No one was telling her the truth about what was, all the scooby’s her mother and Giles were at her home but they avoided her. Escaping from them Dawn went to her room, that was not enough though.

She needed to know more, her memory said of some books Giles hid from her, not books of magic these books were kept hidden from them. Dawn clambered out her bedroom window, her intent was to go to the Magic Shop but beside the bush by the entrance to the back door was Spike.

Dawn saw what he was holding and knew why he was there so she had him think he was protecting her and together they went to the Magic shop. Dawn soon found the books she wanted, they had what she wanted to know, though the books didn’t say what the secret was that everyone was keeping from her; the book said that she was the Key.

Even at home Dawn let the blood run from her arm but still no one would say,
(any continuation nuts notice Dawn’s slashed arm was completely repaired? Not even a scar!)

That night as Dawn stayed in her bedroom wanting to piece everything she knew into a cohesive thought but it did not happen, burning all her memories Dawn left home, she went to the only one who had not lied to her. In Spike’s crypt Dawn fell onto one of the chairs Spike had.

Dawn told Spike what she was, that soon she would learn more, she looked at Spike.
“Please can you give me something else to think about?” Dawn asked.

Spike stared at her and tried to think of what he could say, “I bet you never knew, before I was turned I was quite a poet,” Spike looked at where he was, “Though given what I am and what my surroundings are I think I should start all my poems anew. These are the Tales From Spike’s Crypt.”

Dawn smiled it was the first time she had smiled for days, she knew Spike could take her to a new world.
“What would the poems be about?” Dawn asked herself.

To Be Continued

Last edited:

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Tales From The Crypt, Spikes Crypt that is.

“So you want me to cheer you up do you?” asked Spike. “You don’t have to, I just wanna forget the crap that keeps wandering through my brain,” said Dawn. Spike grinned, “On condition you don’t tell your sister, she won’t like what I’m going to say as when I was human I used to tell this to my friends kids, I might embellish it though if it’ll make you smile,” said Spike.

“Years ago this American man and his family moved to England to take ownership of a castle left to him in a will, though he’d never heard of them, nor did he know his ancestral line came from a noble English family he went to claim his inheritance. Surprise met him as at the address was a castle. He hammered on the doors then waited, about to knock again his wife told him to wait.

“The house keeper might be on her way.” Hiram B. Otis looked to Jennifer, his wife and smiled. “As you say dear.” He looked to his daughter Virginia and was about to explain why they were there when the door opened. “Good afternoon, are you the American family?” asked the housekeeper. Hiram said they were. “Good I am the housekeeper Mrs. Umney. Saying they had come a long way, he wanted rooms for each of his family.

Mrs. Umney was quite taken aback at the thought of them wanting to stay at the castle, “You do know the castle is haunted don’t you?” she asked. “I do not believe in ghosts, I’m an American,” said Mr. Otis, “and neither do my family. Mrs. Umney showed Hiram to their rooms while Mrs. Otis stayed with their daughter in the entrance hall. Virginia thought it great that the castle had a ghost.

“Where could she find the ghost?” asked Dawn. “In the library, he used to wander aimlessly around, you know, just like Giles,” said Spike. Dawn burst into laughter. “Thank you, I had wondered if I’d ever smile again, I knew I was right to come here,” said Dawn. Spike grinned, he felt happier knowing he could be there for Dawn when she needed help.

Virginia looked along the row of books on the lower shelf, names that she had never heard of. A man walked into the room. “My name is Mr. Umney, with my wife I look after the castle though now I will help to look after you, I there anything that you want?” he asked. Jennifer was glad of someone to talk to, “No one has told us anything about the ghost and my daughter would love to know about him, who was he?” asked Mrs. Otis.

Mr. Umney picked a book from the next bookshelf above where Virginia had started, he held a book to Virginia. “This will tell you all you want to know and all you don’t want to know about Sir Simon Canterville, The Lord of this castle he has haunted these walls for over three hundred years and scared many people from here,” said Mr. Umney.

“I’ve never seen a ghost, I can’t wait until I do,” said Virginia. Mr. Umney slowly shook his head, “Please don’t say that, as I can guarantee you that you will see the ghost and probably tonight as soon as he learns who you are he will make scaring you from here his private obsession. I has been a long time since one from the family tree lived here,” said Mr. Umney.
Mrs. Umney walks into the library, “What are you telling them about?”

“About Sir Simon.” He pointed to the book in Jennifers arms. The eyes in the oil painting at the end of the room began to glow red, Virginia did the best curtsy she knew how to then walked toward the painting, finding herself in a small room she asked where she was. “This is my room, I escape to the quiet here when I need to or when I can,” said Sir Simon. He handed a glass of liquid towards her. “Thank you but I am too young to drink Sir Simon,” Virginia offered Sir Simon a curtsy.

“Are my curtsy’s good enough?” asked Virginia. “They are and thank you. The drink is water.” Virginia smiled then took a sip, “That water is lovely where did you get it from?” Virginia asked.

Sir Simon pointed out of the window, “Beyond the Almond tree is a well though it is dry for the likes of you it is not for me, I often get a small drum full. I like to drink of it as well,” said Sir Simon.

Virginia stared at her mother and father. “Where did you go child?” asked Mrs. Umney. Virginia stared at the glass of water in her hand, “I was with Sir Simon he gave me this glass of water, it is the best water I have ever tasted.” Mr. Umney asked her where did it come from? “You could not have got it from Sir Simon as ghosts do not exist,” said her father. “Well he did, he said it comes from the well near the almond tree.”

Mrs. Umney took a sip of the water, “Oh my, I tasted that many years ago, I had done Sir Simon a great favour and he offered me some water, I remember the taste was just that.” “I like Sir Simon, he is a nice man I hope I can meet him again.” Mrs. Umney faced Virginia, “Where did you go to and what drew you to him?” Virginia faced the oil painting above the fireplace, “The eyes appeared red, the painting is of a younger him,” said Virginia.

“Not surprising as it was a painting of Sire Simon twenty five years before he vanished, no one knows why or where he vanished to,” said Mrs. Umney. Virginia pointed to the wall above the fire place. “We were in a room behind the wall,” said Virginia.

To Be Continued

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Spike Regurgitates Tales from His Crypt

Spike looked at Dawn she seemed to be getting bored, Spiked wandered about his crypt he took notice of the colours reflected from the street lamps. He asked Dawn if she had realised where she was, that she was standing a few feet in front of the fireplace.

He told Dawn that Mr. Umney was interested if Virginia had seen the apple tree in the front yard when she first arrived at the castle. Virginia tried to recollect her seeing the trees that were in the area near the drive.

She envisaged the Pine trees, the Beech and the Oak trees then realised that the apple tree was more like a large bush than a tree. Not knowing the exact reason why she thought then smiled, I remember it but why did you want to know?” she asked.

Mr Umney recounted the years he had spent working on the tree and while it had never actually died, it had never borne any fruit. In that respect it was the same as the almond tree on the mound on the back field near the castle,” said Mr. Umney.

Virginia kept silent for a few moments, “Sir Simon said about the Almond tree, he was of the belief it held part of his tale of woe, the Angel of Death would sit in judgement on him until an innocent shed a tear for his predicament. That the innocent was to stand before the Angel of Death.

Spike told Dawn of the secret stairs that spiraled down into the basement to the secret room above the basement everyone knew of, about the stained glass windows that the sun shone through the hands of a clock at five past eleven onto a painting to make the eyes of the girl being reflected from the mirror to be black.

Dawn watched as Virginia stared twice when it was five to eleven as she was the person in the painting. Seeing all around her become disfigured the Demon of death presented himself to her, he asked why she was there, it was not only fear that caused the tears in her eyes but she wanted Sir Simon to be free of the torture that was heaped onto him.

The Demon of Death approached Sir Simon he congratulated him even though it wasn’t his request. That the shear innocence of Virginia had released a tear from her eyes for the end of Sir Simon’s torture to be ended.

The Demon stated that Sir Simon Canterville would be released to find his sleep, to not walk the passages and corridors abounded within the walls of the castle. Virginia looked out of the stained glass window, even the diagram of the tree in the glass showed the bloom on the Almond tree.

Much to the surprised of those searching for her Virginia had them go to the rear of the castle to see the Almond tree. Virginia felt glad to be able to tell Mrs. Umney that Sir Simon was no more, she led Mrs. Umney to Sir Simon grave, for her to see the date of his death was written on his grave.

Virginia was able to lead Mr. and Mrs. Umney to the secret rooms she had been to with Sir Simon.

For them to pick through the treasures Sir Simon had kept, treasures that would allow the castle to remain in the hands of the Canterville family line for many decades to come with the Umney’s forever present.

One of the many presents Sir Simon had kept were the book he had read to the children of his cousins. The first story’s that Spike read were of the wooden toy that had been made to cause delight to the children who heard the tale, another was of a daughter of a king who had been forced into sleep, just the sort of tales for a vampire to recount thought Spike.

To Be Continued

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
TALES FROM THE MANUSCRIPT THAT WAS UNDER SPIKES STONE COFFIN

Spike looked at the gap under his coffin he wondered what might be causing it so he shone a torch light into the gap, Dawn slid the strap of her bag under his stone coffin and pulled out a pile of sheets of paper. Spike exclaimed that he had wondered where he had put them. Dawn flicked through the was of papers, “15 sheets!” she exclaimed, “Did you write all this?” asked Dawn. Spike winked to Dawn, “No it wasn’t, this is what Drusilla was doing before she left.”

“I have read it a few times though. Drusilla may have had a way with words and on occasion when she saw the past and the future she was quite clear on what she saw,” said Spike. Dawn started to read it and asked Spike what it was all about? Dawn was anxious to learn the end of the tale. “Drusilla's more lucid moments which were as Spike admitted fewer and farther apart. Spike did say though that her claim to know the past and future of what was and will be was getting more and more often.

Dawn did looked to Spike, she saw a look in his eyes that caused her to hear what he said might be the truth. “Dru saw how Buffy would live out her days with Willow to watch over her, not that your sister will ever see an end to Willows days. Willow was and is a creature of eternity. Spike looked at the first sheet, it spoke of a girl who slept and her friend who watched over her.

Dawn looked cautiously to Spike, “Who were they?” she asked. “This is the original tale of the sleeping beauty, something even the silly watchers never learnt, they were much more intent on making themselves to be important they missed the early days of the girl who would be the chosen one. The watchers Council had each potential as a normal girl until each of them were called, none were they were always creatures whose purpose it was to give joy to children.

In the ages of old the one who the country people referred to as The Sleeping Beauty became the chosen one of now, Buffy. The man who found her and woke her was said to be a Prince. He was not a real Prince though he was just who the country people described him as, imagine if the Prince was Mr. Rupert Giles, had he have kissed Buffy to wake her, would he have pressed his lips against Buffy’s or tried to stick his tongue into her mouth for a game of tonsil soccer.

Dawn began to grin, “What if Buffy had woken up at that point?” Dawn stared at Spike before she eventually shrugged her shoulders. “How are we here are we in the time we were just reading off?”
Spike grinned to Dawn, “My Drusilla was a lot more insightful than she was given credit for,” said Spike.

Dawn could only shrug her shoulders again. “Er, I er, sorry I hope no one saw me, I didn’t mean to be so forward, I am sorry,” said Mr. Rupert Giles. Buffy glared at him. “What am I not good looking enough for you!” exclaimed Buffy. “Um er yes you are, very lovely but I should not kiss a girl like you,” stated Mr. Rupert Giles. “REALLY, a girl like what? Am I too old for you to kiss, prefer really young girls do you?” asked Buffy.

“No oh my God no, I did not mean that,” said Mr. Giles. “Oh right, you like girls who are a bit older, those whose girlie bits are much more developed!” exclaimed Buffy. Mr. Giles was shocked at her implication, but he didn’t know how to react in defence of himself - then he noticed that Buffy was grinning at him.
“Willow said you were easy to wind-up.”

Buffy told Willow that she was right Mr. Giles did seem to have a sense of humour. Good thing really, he is going to need it, said Buffy. She looked up into Rupert’s eyes and fluttered her eyelashes. Poor Rupert he knew his life was going to be a difficult one. Dawn asked Spike to tell her of the concept of what Drusilla had written. He started to read the tale of how Willow was there for Buffy.

Even Spike was surprised as he read that Willow had always been there for the Slayer, that she was the Watcher for the Powers That Be whereas Mr. Rupert Giles was a Watcher for the human kind. Willow changed the Fairy Tale of the sleeping beauty from a girl whose beauty was a threat to a beauty who would inspire the people.

For them to rise up against the old foe who caused a fear, Willow stepped back as she heard a twig snap on the grounds nearby Buffy, how to keep her safe from an enemy unseen. Willow turned then looked at where she had heard the sound but saw nothing she looked either side of her just as she felt someone grab hold of her, then she felt a sharp pain on her neck.

Willow looked into the darkness, she wondered what it was that could have bitten her, “A feral cat, hmm no a feral cat would not have stopped biting her. The same would be of a feral dog that might have attacked her, and the dog would have attacked as a pack.” She acknowledged that she had felt something she felt about her neck but there were no bite marks.

The ground beneath her feet were not real, almost as if the leaves were thrown over a false floor.
Willow saw a crack of light but it wasn’t sunlight then Willow heard a sound that was a very faint echo, judging by how quick she had heard the echo Willow thought she was in a small underground room.

Stepping in each direction with her arms outstretched in front of her, she tested her theory hoping she wouldn’t bump into anything, she acknowledged she was in room, a dark and musty room, she had no idea if she was near or far from her home. The realization was there that she had been abducted became more evident to her.

Allowing Willow to see where she was Buffy slowly found where Willow had been taken. It was when Willow began to see outside and Buffy could see where she recognized. Triangulating the topography of what Willow could see Buffy was able to discover where Willow was and save her.

To Be Continues

Top Bottom