• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The Nevers: Episode 1.01 "Pilot" - Discussion - Aired 4/11/21 (HBO Max)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Just finished the premiere. Actually kind of liked it. Decent cast, and an interesting premise. Think the first trailer undersold the series. Anyone else seen it yet?

tumblr_lv180l7F7h1r5r5uqo1_400.gifv

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I'm cautiously optimistic after watching episode 1.

Sure, it was mostly setup and lots of characters introduced. Can't remember them all.
But it looked fun enough so far.

/SK

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I hope it's good. I've no idea what to think after the reviews.
I would not call it good by any stretch of the imagination (there was one issue that really put me off the show and something no review has mentioned) but it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews claim. It was, at best, middle of the road.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I enjoyed it - I wasn’t expecting to. I thought it did have that Joss feeling to it. The only thing I really disliked was the ”Giant Dawn 2.0”. Please.
The one thing that I really couldn't stand about it, and it sounds horrible to say, but everything and everyone looked so clean. It just took me out of it. It didn't feel real to me.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
Really. Plenty of dirty places in there. Maybe it was post episode 1?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
See I take that as part of the steam punk thing - it’s already somewhat divorced from reality. So it doesn’t bother me like if they were doing Oliver Twist and everything’s clean.

TriBel

Scooby
The one thing that I really couldn't stand about it, and it sounds horrible to say, but everything and everyone looked so clean. It just took me out of it. It didn't feel real to me.
I thought that about the trailer.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Yeah this airs in the UK on Monday. I'll check it out. One reviewer I listen to online has gotten more into the show as its gone on, having not been that hot on the first couple of episodes. I wonder also with it taking a mid-season break if its possible that someone else did the writing for the second half the season?

Synch

Townie
Yeah this airs in the UK on Monday. I'll check it out. One reviewer I listen to online has gotten more into the show as its gone on, having not been that hot on the first couple of episodes. I wonder also with it taking a mid-season break if its possible that someone else did the writing for the second half the season?

Joss led the writers room for the first 10 episodes (between Fall '18 and Winter '19 before he flew to London). Idk if he also led or wrote 11 & 12 because during the Summer '20 he did a lot of work at his home (where he and Heather Horton spent the quarantine).

Mr Trick

Scooby
First episode was a bit meh for me. The Victorian setting and charcters were too dry for my liking. Certain characters were too hammy. At times it felt a bit gimmicky too. Some of the humour was good and I liked the two leads. Enough to watch more.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Didn't think much of episode 1. Should probably give it a chance to see if it settles down. Not a fan of the setting. Found the accents hard work. Not taken with any of the characters so far.

Ninjagirl2008

Townie
One thing I enjoy is figuring out who each character is in the Whedonverse: Amalia True is Buffy, Penance Adair is Willow/Kaylee, Maladie is a bit Drusilla, a bit River, etc. There are certain character types/personality quirks that seem to carry throughout many of Whedon's shows. I kind of like seeing those characters in completely different settings.

Top Bottom