AI hacked Australias Medicare. Government is reeling. Its hilarious. Bring on Armageddon!
AI hacked Australias Medicare. Government is reeling. Its hilarious. Bring on Armageddon!
i simply have no interest in carrying access to my money around in my pocket. I am also old enough that doing ANYTHING on a phone is an eyesight challenge. I keep resisting as long as possible.Well, another card website has now died. To access card management I have to use the app - requires a creepy amount of personal data, plus a PIN I have never used, don't know and can't get a new version of without, you know, access to the app - or to register at a different website, which requires a personal ID I don't think I have ever used, assuming I even have one. At least the latter can be requested. By post.
So, now I have no access to management facilities on the two linked cards for about the next week.
AI hacked Australias Medicare. Government is reeling. Its hilarious. Bring on Armageddon!
I rekon its time to stop believing the internet is real at all anymore. The online social norms are soooo far from my reality, its outrageous. Its easier to understand if I think of it that way at least. Dont be mean to the toasters!Also, at one time or another all of us have been asked to prove WE are human....by an online bot. Think about that. 😳
i simply have no interest in carrying access to my money around in my pocket. I am also old enough that doing ANYTHING on a phone is an eyesight challenge. I keep resisting as long as possible.
The power frequently goes out here for a few minutes at a time. The local businesses (I say local, but every business within 80 kms of me) keeps saying Cash is King, because when the power cuts out during a transaction, it doesnt always go through and they dont know until later. Its really awful that the places with all the power are making the decisions for the places that dont have good access to anything. I thought it would get better, and a lot of stuff has got better, but then there is some really basic stuff that has got worse. Like power, food and fuel shortages!Resistance is sadly futile.
The power frequently goes out here for a few minutes at a time. The local businesses (I say local, but every business within 80 kms of me) keeps saying Cash is King, because when the power cuts out during a transaction, it doesnt always go through and they dont know until later. Its really awful that the places with all the power are making the decisions for the places that dont have good access to anything. I thought it would get better, and a lot of stuff has got better, but then there is some really basic stuff that has got worse. Like power, food and fuel shortages!
I thought that credit was safer but my dad said no its not and debit is just as safe, but he has always drilled me that I am never ever allowed to get a credit card in my life, so I hope the debit card is just as safe! It is why I am so cautious about buying anything online tho.I don't mind using cards, and a credit card adds a degree of safety and at least insurance over debit cards and cash. But it's not like power is really an issue here at the moment.
I thought that credit was safer but my dad said no its not and debit is just as safe, but he has always drilled me that I am never ever allowed to get a credit card in my life, so I hope the debit card is just as safe! It is why I am so cautious about buying anything online tho.
Well, we could try boycotting those w/o web sites but everyone loves convenience... Sigh.It is becoming harder and harder though. I have a desktop, so why would I use my phone? But more and more financial sites are being taken down and replaced by apps, or you need an app to access them, or to access all the facilities. There simply isn't much choice in the matter. This one was unusual in that the company has an overall website as well as the card one that you can use, but often that's not an option. It is app or nothing. Resistance is sadly futile.
Well, we could try boycotting those w/o web sites but everyone loves convenience... Sigh.
Sadly, I agree.Yeah, I doubt boycotting multinational banks and credit card companies is going to achieve much. 😀 You would need a heck of a lot of people to boycott them.