I love Marsai Martin's performance on Blackish. She is a great comedienne but can also do 'threatening' really well. I could definitely see her as Buffy.
With a show I love, I find it almost impossible to imagine anyone else in the role. On the other hand it beats working, so I will give it a go with the main cast
Main Characters:
Buffy - Kristen Bell
Xander - Matthew Broderick
Willow - Emma Watson
Giles - Colin Firth
Cordelia - Rose McGowan
Angel- Adam Driver
Oz - John Cusack
Spike - Nathan Fillion
Anya - Gillian Jacobs
Riley - Chris Pine
Dawn - Mike from Stranger Things (Finn Wolfhard??)
Tara - Claire Danes
whatdBuffyDoWhy didn't I think about John Cusack being Oz? He would be perfect for the role lol
whatdBuffyDoIt seemed weird to me when I saw Wiki took Faith as recurring, too. But I remembered Eliza's tweet she posted when she wasn't invited to the Buffy reunion in 2017, about her never being a regular cast member, so I stick to what Wiki told me. 🤔
Buffy Stella Maxwell or Candice Swanepole or Taylor Swift
Joyce Joan Cusack or Cameron Diaz
Tara Shailene Woodley
Xander Miles Teller
Riley Ansel Elgort
Oz Micheal Cera
Jenny Emily Blunt
Angel Manu Rios
Cordelia Kendall Jenner
Spike Theo James
Willow Anya Taylor Joy
Drusilla Kate Middleton
Anya Sydney Sweeney
Giles Greg Kinnear
Darla Zendaya
Glory Selena Gomez
Dawn- Kristina Pimenova
Faith- Ana De Armas or Krystan Ritter
Mr Trick Jason Derulo
Veruca Em Rata
The Gentlemen The Olsen Twins
Last edited:
whatdBuffyDoKate Middleton is a rather interesting choice for Dru hmm
Due to things I've recently seen, I came up with some new possibilities 😀
SMG wants Zendaya to be the new Buffy, I can totally see her as Buffy with her witty delivery.
But then I also thought of Sadie Sink as Buffy. What do you think? 🤔
Also, a young Natasha Lyonne as Faith? Her character in Russian Doll gives me a lot of Faith vibes. 😀
Another one, a young Winona Ryder as Willow?
A recent thread reminded me of this one.
That thread is about real-life changes among the existing cast or actual auditions that somehow didn't turn into castings, etc.
On the other hand, this one is for pure fantasy. 🤣
-----------------------------------
I shamelessly (well, actually, I feel a bit ashamed) used AI to sketch some new era-appropriate alternative castings that occurred to me:
First, Alicia Silverstone as Buffy. When I think about Cher from Clueless, I get a vision where she is transformed into Buffy, especially her early days.
(The third one doesn't look like Alicia Silverstone at all. It's more like the lovechild of her and SMG, LOL)
Second, Angelina Jolie as Faith. Think about Lisa from Girl, Interrupted and Gia from Gia combined with any spy/assassin/whatnot character she played
P.S: I couldn't help but sketch @TamsinValencia 's idea too. Alicia Silverstone's portrayal of Heather from Scooby Doo 2 gives off Glory vibes. Charismatic, spoiled, manipulative villain.
Now that I think about it, she can portray Cordy too...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.