Can always tell when it is school holidays. Town is trashed haha. All the lower branches are ripped off the trees. I walked past my neighbours house today and the bottom of their window has been smashed. Another neighbour a few streets over had rocks put through their car windows. Reports of stolen bicycles everywhere, fires, the most recently deceased neighbours house got ransacked, obviously by children because they didnt take anything of value. The playground has had all of the latches off the gates stolen, the fences have been kicked in. I am pretty sure there was poop smeared on the slide and up the stairs. Rubbish absolutely everywhere. And socks, the poodle enjoys the socks.
I do like to see the children out on their bikes and on the courts and oval, thats how they should be. They should have all this space to run around and make their own fun. It would be better if their own fun didnt include criminal damage, but thats more on the parents than on the unsupervised children at all. No one has told them no, so how are they supposed to know?
I was tempted to go to the inlet again today, but its a very long drive on a winding road during peak road trauma time, so I decided against it. I am itching to get out of town though, so I will probably go as soon as the tourists clear off.
A neighbour brought me flowers yesterday, that was really sweet of her, I know she was just after gossip and she got none from me, but I got everyone elses gossip. Its those kinds of things that make me feel like I am not cut out for community, and would be better living back in society, but on the other hand, there are perks, like flowers.