Knitting, Embroidery & Crochet...

NotASlayer

𝕮𝖍𝖔𝖈𝖔𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 🍫 👸🏻
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
6,686
Location
Themiscyra
& similar crafts.

It looks like at least a few people do one or more of these or have an interest in such, so I thought I would start a thread about them!

I have mentioned elsewhere that I want to knit some dishcloths, but I did more embroidery in the past, which is easier to remember how to do, with and without proper kits. So what do others do? Or what would you like to do?
 
Ooh good timing! I want to start a blanket to work on over winter. I saw a cool corner to corner crochet with stars. I thought I might try see if I could figure it out freehand. I have to see what yarn I have too. This will remind me!
 
I definitely want to craft more this year, but I need to get rid of the current desk chair as its just awkward to use and possibly get rid of the printer too so I have more space.
 
I’m working on three sweaters.

Basically, there was a sale on yarn and I couldn’t (wouldn’t) help myself 🙈

So I am making my fourth Føyka sweater, in blues. I really love this sweater, takes about 2-3 weeks to make and the pattern is so much fun
IMG_3624.jpeg

I am making a second Anna huolia hevosen sweater (”Let the horse carry your burdens”). This time in blue and white
IMG_3626.jpeg

And I’m making a Pilgrim sweater in White, black and grey
IMG_3625.jpeg

They should be done by the time winter rolls around again, perfect timing 😉

Now… to stop myself buying more yarn until I’m done with these….
 
TamsinValencia
TamsinValencia
can u make one in pink
Now… to stop myself buying more yarn until I’m done with these….

"I am not going to buy any more until I have used what I have."

Yeah, that works so often... 😀
 
Taake
Taake
I live in Hope that one day it will 🙈
What country do you need to come from in order to pronounce crichet as crochet?
 
"I am not going to buy any more until I have used what I have."

Yeah, that works so often... 😀

Not to mention the embroidery kits I have stacked up. I don’t know why shopping me seems to think I have endless amounts of crafting time
 
NotASlayer
NotASlayer
But then you see something that is nice or on offer or such a good deal that you have to get it!
I need to buy the right colours though! I have a lot of little balls of colour, but never enough for the thing I want to do!
"I am not going to buy any more until I have used what I have."

Yeah, that works so often... 😀

I was using my acrylic paint pens again today, they are not the sort of thing that keeps. Lots ran out and others were dodgy, dribbling all over the place. Granted, they were the cheapest you can get, but really something you have to use all at once.
 
I need to buy the right colours though! I have a lot of little balls of colour, but never enough for the thing I want to do!

I was looking at this: https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/dmc-vintage-wooden-chest-with-120-skeins/6696361000.html for embroidery thread.

120 different colours of thread... and £146. Nice, but rather a lot of money! And like any such collection, will probably have colours you rarely if ever use.

It would perhaps be a better idea to look for people selling lots of partly started wool and thread, on eBay and classifieds sites. I know my mother has ended up with lots of leftover thread from kits and stuff, which is useful for embroidering patterns that aren't in a kit.
 
Last edited:
'ere, the last three posters completely ignored me, yet,
why am I not surprised
or should I have said, I am not surprised.
Will you ignore this post?
Will I be surprised if you do ignore this post
And yes
this post is directly directed at anyone who tries to make sense of my post.
 
I got as far as knitting a couple of scarves. A friend of mine is a Doctor Who fan, and one of the earliest (the original Doctor? Sorry, I don't walk in the Who universe!) wore a multi-coloured scarf. I'd like to knit that for them as a gift at some point.

In terms of other creative interests - I went through a period of making my own cards. Bought lots of washi tape and got to work! Been a while since I've done that.
 
I got as far as knitting a couple of scarves. A friend of mine is a Doctor Who fan, and one of the earliest (the original Doctor? Sorry, I don't walk in the Who universe!) wore a multi-coloured scarf. I'd like to knit that for them as a gift at some point.

Tom Baker! The Fourth Doctor. Apparently, whoever knitted it decided to use all the yarn they had. The full length scarf was really, really long, a maximum length of 24' according to Tardis Fandom.
 
Tom Baker! The Fourth Doctor. Apparently, whoever knitted it decided to use all the yarn they had. The full length scarf was really, really long, a maximum length of 24' according to Tardis Fandom.
Thank you! And for the record if I do knit it, I'm not making a never-ending scarf! 😂

@NotASlayer - why does that story not surprise me, tripping on that scarf! Poor guy!
 
Last edited:
NotASlayer
NotASlayer
I think I heard Tom actually tripped on the full length one and broke his collarbone. So, definitely do a shorter one!
I have so much washi tape, I really should get back to card making too.
In terms of other creative interests - I went through a period of making my own cards. Bought lots of washi tape and got to work! Been a while since I've done that.

There are still a few weeks until Easter to make some cards! Although preparing for Christmas and birthdays would probably be better than rushing some through.
 
I did think that, but I don't tend to send Easter cards

Me neither.

Thinking about cards, embroidered ones are nice, and as far as embroideries go, most ones suitable for cards are small and fairly easy to do. I have some embroidered cards I have been given lying around, because it always seems a shame to throw them away! I have one friend in particular who makes embroidered cards and then sells them to people she knows for frankly not enough money.
 
hoponlilmama
hoponlilmama
She should sell on Etsy!
There are still a few weeks until Easter to make some cards! Although preparing for Christmas and birthdays would probably be better than rushing some through.
Like @nightshade, I don't do cards for Easter. Found myself making them mostly for Christmas, and sometimes a birthday. Like you said, more prep time involved! Or if I ever hit a creative roadblock, I'd look at Pinterest for some inspiration.

I always have store-bought cards in supply at home, in case my card making turned out to be an utter disaster! 😁

Make use of that washi tape, nightshade!
 
Back
Top Bottom