Spike Questions

SavvyScoobie

PrincessCordy
Joined
Feb 22, 2026
Messages
279
Thoughts on Spike? I’m curious as to how people will answer these questions:

  • Best relationship Spike had?
  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’?
  • Can you picture the show without him?
  • Can you picture him with an American accent?
And the real question everyone needs to answer…
  • Spuffy or Spangel?
c50e53eed5a03eff94c807cb3b048dc3.gif
 
wolfheart
wolfheart
How an you insert a picture into your post i tried it all
  • Best relationship Spike had?
Drusilla was Spike's soulmate. They had great chemistry.
  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’?
I really like Spike as a character Seasons 2-5. Not so much Seasons 6-7. Slightly more again Season 5 of Angel.
  • Can you picture the show without him?
Yes...I can...it wouldn't exactly be the same show, but he wasn't around except one episode in Season 3 and that was a great season so clearly not absolutely an essential character.
  • Can you picture him with an American accent?
Yes. I've met James Masters and he does have a (fairly subtle) American accent.

And the real question everyone needs to answer…
  • Spuffy or Spangel?
Neither thanks. Srusilla and Cangel.
 
  • Best relationship Spike had?
Probably Drusilla. He actually treated her somewhat well.

  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’?
Great characterisation in BtVS Se2 and especially Se4. Useless in Season 5 and I truly hate his "arc" in Seasons 6 and 7. AtS Season 5 course-corrects him.

  • Can you picture the show without him?
Yes, very easily. He really should have been killed off at the end of Season 4.

  • Can you picture him with an American accent?
Yes, but only 'cause I've listened to James in so many interviews.

And the real question everyone needs to answer…
  • Spuffy or Spangel?
Spangel, I love Angel and Spike's dynamic, especially in Season 5 of AtS.
 
Thoughts on Spike? I’m curious as to how people will answer these questions:

  • Best relationship Spike had?

Drusilla - they were made for each other.
No other relationship came close.

  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’?

Spike was an awesome character between School Hard and Primeval. When he "fell in love" with Buffy his character stopped being interesting and the story contortions required to keep Spike around dragged down the entire show.

So..... Definately not a character arc. Downgrade doesn't do justice to how much the Spike loves Buffy storyline damaged the entire show.

Can you picture the show without him?

Easily. S1 was great with zero Spike. S3 was awesome and the most popular season of all and Spike only appeared in one episode.

Can you picture him with an American accent?

Yes. But, I don't think he would have been nearly as popular as a violent, cruel American.

Spuffy or Spangel?

Don't think either would be very good for the participants. Spike and Angelus however.....
 
  • Best relationship Spike had?

Dru. They were made for each other and after Dru Spike treated women like garbage.

  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’?

A definite downgrade; he got worse and worse as a character from season five onwards, before picking up again in Angel S5, especially when he started his redemption arc partway through.

  • Can you picture the show without him?

Easily. It worked before his arrival, he only had one episode in S3, the best season, and wasn't missed, and S4 was working without him. The show would have been better post S4 without him, especially 6 and 7 because it could have remained about Buffy and not about Spike.

  • Can you picture him with an American accent?

No. I struggle with James himself when he doesn't speak with an English accent!

And the real question everyone needs to answer…
  • Spuffy or Spangel?

Of the two, Spangel most definitely.
 
  • Best relationship Spike had? Drusilla
  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’? Downgrade with season 6 and 7
  • Can you picture the show without him? no, he is a favorite of me
  • Can you picture him with an American accent? dont be silly
And the real question everyone needs to answer…
  • Spuffy or Spangel?Bangel
 
Thoughts on Spike? I’m curious as to how people will answer these questions:

  • Best relationship Spike had?
  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’?
  • Can you picture the show without him?
  • Can you picture him with an American accent?
And the real question everyone needs to answer…
  • Spuffy or Spangel?
c50e53eed5a03eff94c807cb3b048dc3.gif
Buffy or non sexual Dawn
Character arc
No
No

Spuffy
 
Thoughts on Spike? I’m curious as to how people will answer these questions:

  • Best relationship Spike had?
Ooh, I love to talk about Spike!

Buffy, no question. She made him a better man.
  • Do you think he had a downgrade or a character ‘arc’?
Spike came full circle, and has a strong character arc. He started as a disposable villain, and ended up a hero.
  • Can you picture the show without him?
No, absolutely not.
  • Can you picture him with an American accent?
Yeah, because I've met James, ha. But making Spike British was a fun choice.
And the real question everyone needs to answer…
SPUFFY DUH.
 
Back
Top Bottom