Spring Clean 😁

November

Yes Sir, Captain Tightpants
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
13,212
Location
Australia
Sineya
I would have put a thread like this in the dorms, but they are pretty dead these days. So I will put it in the bronze, even though its a bit boring for a party place!

Spring is here, or autumn for the rest of you, is anyone doing a big clean? Whats the plan? Do you change your colour schemes? Dust the cobwebs? Any change of season house habits?
 
Sorta! I am slowly building up a bag of stuff to donate to the charity shop, and another of items to try and sell.

I also want to take down the blinds in the bedroom and wash them.
 
I am going to go through my bathroom and throw out all the make up and nail polish I have accumulated. I never use it and its all at least a decade old by now. So thats my first place to start! Its bin day on Monday so I can try and fill it up as much as possible this weekend.
 
Makeup and bathroom done! I found the lipstick I wore to my dads wedding in 2004... in the bin. Now I have two spare bathroom baskets haha.

Next up will be my bedroom, but this is always a tough one for me, I dont have draws for clothes so everything lives on the floor pretty much. I might use those baskets...
 
I need to go through all my storage tubs, the takeaway types, match lids and tubs, throw away all the ones that no longer match.
 
The type of spring clean I do is usually of the type, moving crap from location 1 to location 2 and the crap from location 2 is moved to location 1. I have been known to do some dusting during the move though.
 
The type of spring clean I do is usually of the type, moving crap from location 1 to location 2 and the crap from location 2 is moved to location 1. I have been known to do some dusting during the move though.
This is very similar to my spring cleaning 🤣

I have been doing weeding... bedroom cleaning has not begun yet. I vowed never to throw out wearable clothes again because every time I have done that, I then need to buy more since my weight fluctuates so much. I have a mountain of odd socks since a certain puppy keeps stealing them.

Maybe I will aim for the TV cabinet today. It has a lot of dusty dvds and bunny supplies under it. I probably have way too many packets of open treats! Harvest soon and I dont want the mice to find them!
 
I have too many things saved up for crafting purposes - things I'm most likely never going to use; because they're taking up space! Plus I have an obsession with saving any tubs or boxes that I come across. Sure some of my crafty stuff is in those boxes and tubs, but, yeah, they're still taking up space!
 
November
November
All of my boxes and tubes end up as bunny toys 😁 I can definitely relate!
I have too many things saved up for crafting purposes - things I'm most likely never going to use
Could you donate them? Children's groups or even elderly groups are always looking for craft supplies here. If you know that you won't use them. Or you know make Christmas gifts!
 
TheXandyman
TheXandyman
Interesting idea. I know a nice lady that lives at a retirement village - we're quite close. Perhaps I could ask her if they might be interested.
@TheXandyman I used postimage for this one -


Anyanka is helping with the spring clean! TV cabinet is all done now. A little more dusting to do behind it, but I'll wait until next vacuum day for that.

I got distracted in the garden and am probably sunburnt again now, so I should try to keep to inside jobs, although I do want to clean the windows and brush all the cobwebs from the outside of the house.
 
I need to sort out my wardrobe, the bottom is falling out of one of the drawers.
 
TheXandyman
TheXandyman
My bottom drawer is like that - only because my brother once had my chest of drawers years ago, and he'd crammed a load of heavy studying books in there. lol.
@November,
did you think of using aerosol paints to colour the cobwebs, a colour that would disguise the dust would be good.
tip:
the use of a roller or a paintbrush would tend to bugger up the cobweb !
 
I have changed the light bulbs in the bedroom and now I can see all the dust! So that needs to be added to the cleaning to do list.
 
My spring clean has slowed because I've had to water the garden the last few days. Today I cleaned the bunny pen, but thats not a spring thing, thats a twice a week thing haha. There is a storm coming so hopefully it has rain and I can focus on some inside jobs. I've done a lot of dusting and cobweb sweeping but more to do.

Might check the pantry tonight. The mice moved in while I was away, I dont think they got in there but it's due a wipe down and I bet i have some expired crackers and noodles that can go in the bin.
 
What is it with expired noodles? I think everybody has a half open bag of expired noodles in the back of their cupboard.
Post automatically merged:

And many expired spices and sauces, perhaps?
 
NotASlayer
NotASlayer
I can confirm I have.
We're still in summer mode here in Oklahoma! But I have been thinking about fall, and there is a lot of work I want to do in my yard when it cools down. I'd like to clean out the chicken coop, remove some old fencing and clean out my garage.
 
I bet most garages don't even get used for cars these days, they're so full of other stuff. Or is that just ours?
 
Back
Top Bottom