@NotASlayer said: How can Travis be annoying, he barely had a personality! 😀
I like Travis in the episodes that give him something to do, like the
Horizon incident, or when he was visiting his family after his father's death, but unfortunately, for the bulk of the series, he is simply "Guy who flies the ship and asks occasional questions as audience surrogate." He's an interesting character, in theory. He was just never really allowed the room to grow. I don't find him annoying in the least, though.
@wolfheart said: no seven of nine?
I like Seven. She's just nowhere near the top of my list.
Star Trek, across the five classic series, has more than seven hundred hours of stories and countless amazing female characters. I also passed on Guinan and Uhura, despite loving both characters, because they just didn't trump how much I enjoy these other characters.
I actually wanted to include Number One (Majel Barrett,
The Cage / The Menagerie) as well
, but she only appears in one story despite that story being told twice, the unaired pilot being reworked into
The Menagerie. Despite that one appearance (no, I'm not counting
Strange New Worlds), I really love her as a character, and I would have loved to see more of that crew (and no, I'm not counting
Strange New Worlds.)
Maybe I just like strong female characters but I'd rank Janeway higher than four myself.
Janeway is actually my favorite Starfleet captain. Perhaps I should do my own ranking.
Top Ten Star Trek Captains (in no particular order after number five)
1. Kathryn Janeway (
Voyager)
2. James T. Kirk (
The Original Series)
3. Jonathan Archer (
Enterprise)
4. Jean-Luc Picard (
The Next Generation)
5. Benjamin Sisko (
Deep Space Nine)
6. Rachel Garrett (TNG: "
Yesterday's Enterprise")
7. Christopher Pike (
The Original Series)
8. Shran (
Enterprise)
9. Hikaru Sulu (
The Undiscovered Country, VOY: "
Flashback")
10. Spock (
TOS Movies, notably
Wrath of Khan and
Undiscovered Country)